Accurate Cereal Filling at High-Speeds
Fill cereal and oatmeal packaging quickly and accurately with Spee-Dee’s breakfast food filling systems. Our filling machines easily handle the most challenging packaging applications.
Our filling equipment can accommodate a wide variety of cereal packaging, including:
- Three-sided pouches
- Flexible, stand-up pouches
- Glass and plastic jars
- Pillow bags
- Single-serve cups
We offer filling machines that easily integrate with:
- Vertical form fill and seal baggers (VFFS)
- Horizontal form fill and seal pouch machines (HFFS)
- Pre-made pouch machines
- Spee-Dee rotary filling systems
- Spee-Dee in-line conveyor systems
Spee-Dee’s breakfast food filling systems ensure accurate product fills by volume or weight at high speeds and reduce downtime.
Combination Fillers for Multiple Cereal Components
Spee-Dee’s combination fillers are used when two or more additives are required, such as instant oatmeal with oats and dried fruits, pre-mixed in the same package.
- Several configurations available to meet specific breakfast food filling applications
- Easily integrate an auger (for pre-mixes) with up to two volumetric cup fillers (for additives)
- Fill two particulates and a powder in a single pouch at rates up to 120 containers per minute with a three-filler equipment configuration
- Reduces cleaning time by separating allergens from the rest of the filling line system
Advanced Volumetric System (AVS) Offers Precise Fills
Spee-Dee’s AVS directly mounts over a VFFS bag machine, replacing large, complicated multihead weighers that typically require a mezzanine. The AVS delivers precise fills when cereal packagers need to fill by volume and sell by weight.
- Smart filler automatically adjusts fills based on feedback from the checkweigher to account for density fluctuation of cereal, oatmeal and other breakfast foods
- Less than half the cost of a more complicated multihead weigher
- Simple, operator-friendly design with fewer moving parts and less to maintain
- Quick changeover of cups and tooling within minutes boosts uptime productivity versus several hours with typical multihead weighers
Cup Fillers Offer Accurate, Dependable Fills
Spee-Dee volumetric cup fillers are designed for fast cup size changeovers to optimize productivity, and can also accommodate bags, pouches or rigid containers.
- Accurately fill containers up to 20 lbs
- Achieve speeds up to 120 containers per minute
- Simple servo drive system and minimal number of parts reduces changeover time and maintenance
- Address diverse product fill needs with cups of varying sizes that can be easily inserted without tools
- PLC controls offer flexibility to adjust timing settings and accommodate multiple drop fills
Conveyor Systems Automate Cereal Filling Lines
Spee-Dee’s efficient conveyor systems pack granular products including cereal, oatmeal and other breakfast foods into a variety of containers.
- Freestanding fillers reduce downtime and ensure fast product changeover with adjustable height stands for different container heights and diameters
- Achieve easier cleaning and maintenance with removable belt and rails that disconnect easily without tools
- Accurate fills guaranteed with pneumatic indexing cylinders that position the container under the filler
- An adjustable speed drive offers the ultimate flexibility and timing controls are readily accessible
- Integrates with Spee-Dee’s volumetric cup fillers and auger fillers
High-Speed, PLC-Based Checkweighers for Accurate Fills
Spee-Dee’s PLC-based checkweighers check product weights at high speeds, helping to reduce costly product loss and ensure accurate product weights. Our in-line checkweigher accurately weighs bag-in-box cereal quickly and efficiently.
- Use as a standalone unit or integrate with new or existing lines
- Electro-Magnetic Force Restoration (EMFR) weighing technology is 10 times more accurate than traditional strain gauge models and guarantees precise and reliable measurement
- Communicate with other plant systems via non-proprietary PLC-based controls
- Calibrate at your facility in one minute, without needing a Spee-Dee technician–simply follow on-screen prompts