Precise Filling for Nuts and Snacks
Fill nut and snack packages quickly and accurately with Spee-Dee’s filling systems. Our filling machines for nuts and snacks easily handle the most challenging packaging applications.
Our filling equipment can accommodate a wide variety of packaging for nuts and snacks, such as pretzel nuggets, cheeseballs, popcorn, sunflower seeds and more, including:
- Glass and plastic jars
- Flexible, stand-up pouches
- Pillow bags
- Cardboard cartons
We offer filling machines that easily integrate with:
- Vertical form fill and seal baggers (VFFS)
- Horizontal form fill and seal pouch machines (HFFS)
- Pre-made pouch machines
- Spee-Dee rotary filling systems
- Spee-Dee in-line conveyors
Spee-Dee's nut and snack filling machines help ensure accurate product fills at high speeds and reduce downtime.
Rotary Fillers Load Nut and Snack Packaging at High Speeds
Spee-Dee's high-speed rotary filling systems accurately fill nut and snack packaging.
- Integrated combination scale ensures accurate fills at high speeds
- Achieve easier cleaning, maintenance and changeovers with tool-less change parts
- Fast, hygienic changeover with patented magnetic filling funnel
- Incorporate a Spee-Dee checkweigher to verify precise and accurate product fills
Cup Fillers Offer Accurate, Dependable Fills
Spee-Dee volumetric cup fillers are designed for fast cup size changeovers to optimize productivity, and can also accommodate bags, pouches or rigid containers, such as popcorn tins with multiple flavors.
- Achieve speeds up to 120 containers per minute
- Simple servo drive system and minimal number of parts reduces changeover time and maintenance
- Address diverse product fill needs with cups of varying sizes that can be easily inserted without tools
- PLC controls offer flexibility to adjust timing settings and accommodate multiple drop fills
Advanced Volumetric System (AVS) Offers Precise Fills
Spee-Dee’s AVS directly mounts over a VFFS bag machine or conveyor system, replacing large, complicated multihead weighers that typically require a mezzanine. The AVS delivers precise fills when nut and snack packagers need to fill by volume and sell by weight.
- Smart filler automatically adjusts fills based on feedback from the checkweigher to account for density fluctuation of nuts, trail mix and other snack foods
- Less than half the cost of a more complicated multihead weigher
- Simple, operator-friendly design with fewer moving parts and less to maintain
- Quick changeover of cups and tooling within minutes boosts uptime productivity versus several hours with typical multihead weighers
Conveyor Systems Automate Filling Lines
Spee-Dee’s efficient conveyor systems pack granular product like nuts and snack mixes into a variety of containers.
- Freestanding fillers reduce downtime and ensure fast product changeover with adjustable height stands for different container heights and diameters
- Achieve easier cleaning and maintenance with removable belt and rails that disconnect easily without tools
- Accurate fills guaranteed with pneumatic indexing cylinders that position the container under the filler
- An adjustable speed drive offers the ultimate flexibility and timing controls are readily accessible
- Integrates with Spee-Dee’s volumetric cup fillers
High-Speed, PLC-Based Checkweighers for Accurate Fills
Spee-Dee’s PLC-based checkweighers check product weights at high speeds, helping to reduce costly product loss and ensure accurate product weights.
- Use as a standalone unit or integrate with new or existing lines
- Electro-Magnetic Force Restoration (EMFR) weighing technology is 10 times more accurate than traditional strain gauge load cells
- Communicate with other plant systems via non-proprietary PLC-based controls
- Calibrate at your facility in one minute, without needing a Spee-Dee technician simply follow on-screen prompts